When taken orally is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The bioavailability of the drug is 50-85%. The maximum drug concentration in the blood serum of healthy volunteers by oral intake (to food) 250, 500, 750 and 1000 mg of the drug attained , respectively.
Orally received ciprofloxacin distributed in tissues and body fluids. High drug concentrations are observed in the bile, lung, kidney, liver, gall bladder, uterus, seminal fluid, the prostate tissue, tonsils, endometrium, fallopian tubes and ovaries. The concentration of drug in these tissues than in the serum. Ciprofloxacin also well into the bone, ocular fluid, bronchial secretions, saliva, skin, muscle, pleura, peritoneum, lymph.
Accumulates in the blood concentration of ciprofloxacin femara infertility in neutrophils 2-7 times higher than in serum.
The volume of distribution in the body is about 2-3 , 5 l / kg. The cerebrospinal fluid enters the drug in a small quantity, where its concentration is 6-10% of that in the serum.
The degree of binding to plasma proteins ciprofloxacin is 30%.
In patients with renal function unchanged half-life is usually 3-5 hours. In case of violation of renal function the half-life is increased.
The main route of excretion of ciprofloxacin from the body – kidneys. With urine output 50-70%. From 15 to 30% is excreted in the feces.
Patients with severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance below 20 ml / min / 1,73m 2 ) should be administered half the daily dose.
Infections and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to ciprofloxacin:
- respiratory tract;
- ear, nose and throat;
- kidney and urinary tract;
- genitals femara infertility;
- the digestive system (including mouth, teeth, jaw);
- gallbladder and biliary tract;
- skin, mucous membranes and soft tissues;
- musculoskeletal system.
Ciprofloxacin is indicated for treatment of peritonitis and sepsis, and for the prevention and treatment of infections in immunocompromised patients (for immunosuppressive therapy).
Dosage and administration
of ciprofloxacin dose depends on the severity of the disease, the type of infection, the body status, age, weight and kidney function in the patient.
The recommended dose is typically: ciprofloxacin in tablet dosage form at 250mg and 500mg peroralnogo for reception :
- uncomplicated femara infertility kidney disease and urinary tract infections – 250 mg, and in complicated cases, 500 mg 2 times a day;
- lower respiratory disease of moderate severity tract – 250 mg, and in more severe cases, 500 mg, 2 times a day;
- for the treatment of gonorrhea is recommended single dose of ciprofloxacin at a dose of 250-500 mg;
- gynecological diseases, enteritis and colitis, and with severe heat, prostatitis, osteomyelitis – 500 mg 2 times a day (for the treatment of banal diarrhea can be used at a dose of 250 mg 2 times a day).
The drug should be taken on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of fluids. Patients with severe renal impairment should be given half the dose.
The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease, but treatment should always continue for at least another two days after the disappearance of symptoms. Typically, the duration of treatment is 7-10 days.